Here is our Osaka city travel guide! Osaka is one of Japan’s largest commercial cities – second only to Tokyo. This large port city is also full of great food, sightseeing, and shopping. We have listed our must eats and dos in the city of Osaka followed by some recommended day trips out to Kobe, Himeiji, and Nara. This all encompassing Osaka city travel guide will ensure you do not miss a thing.
- Matsusaka Beef BBQ: Yakinuku M (make a reservation online)
- Okonomiyaki: Mizuno
- Okonomiyaki: Chiba
- Crab: Kani Doraku
- Kaiseki: 法善寺 浅草
- Street Takoyaki
- Sushi: Endo Sushi – best sushi in Osaka
- Pancakes: Cafe Gram
- Kurumon Ichiba Market
- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Owl Family Cafe (make a reservation online)
- Shop: Shinsaibashi
- Shop: Osaka Station LUCUA (visit the rooftop garden)
- Instant Noodle Museum (checking opening hours before going)
- Kaiyukan Aquarium & Tempozan Marketplace
- Tennoji Park Zoo
Day Trips from Osaka
- Kobe Beef: Kobe Beef Steak Ishida Kitanozaka ($$$ – best kobe beef in Kobe)
- Kobe Beef: Kobegyu Steakland (best value for kobe beef lunch)
- Shin-Kobe Ropeway and Nunobiki Waterfall
- Ramen: Ramen Tsurukameya
- Himeiji Castle
Nara (land of temples & deers)
- Nara Park – deers!
- Todai-ji Temple
- Toshodaiji Temple
- Kasuga Grand Shrine
- Kofuku-ji Temple
- Gango-ji Temple
That concludes our list of what to eat and what to do in our Osaka city travel guide! See something that should be on the list? Visited one of these places and want to write about it? Have some more questions? We would love to hear from you. Leave us a comment below!
Stone & Fern is a travel and lifestyle blog started by friends who have a passion for exploring cities, capturing moments, and trying new food. This is part of our Check In city travel guides series. To see more of Asia, click here.